Curiosity and diligence are the cornerstones of my success in marketing and communications, as well as developing my passion for creative writing while working full-time.
Whether I am writing a short story, developing marketing collateral, or building a brand management program, I always return to the basics of what it means to be human: storytelling.
Even though I graduated from the University of Toronto’s journalism program in 2010, it took me five years to realize that my life’s work is in storytelling. After a string of personal challenges and almost four months of travelling did I realize I had to write at whatever the cost.
Since then, I have dedicated myself to mastering the art of storytelling through creative writing, marketing, UX writing, branding, and communications. In the past 6 years, I have:
- written over 70 pieces of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry
- published 5 pieces
- completed a post-graduate certificate in creative writing from Humber College
- graduated with a Masters of Arts with distinction in Creative and Critical Writing at the University of Gloucestershire
- completed a Certificate in Brand Management from the University of Toronto and was awarded the Marilynn Booth Award of Excellence
- finished several drafts of my fiction manuscript and have started working on my second manuscript
- completed a microcredential certificate in User Experience (UX) Writing from Seneca College
- — all while working full-time as a marketing and communications professional.
In my free time, I love to read, write, kickbox, run, dream of future travels, and watch and listen to true crime documentaries and podcasts. I’m currently working on my second manuscript.